Wax Melt Safety Tips
We advise you to read the below Wax Melt Safety Tips before using our products to ensure you can enjoy our wax melts in the best and safest way.
How to use wax melts
Remove all packaging and place the wax melt in the well of the wax melt burner. Please add small amounts of wax gradually to ensure that the burner does not overflow. The wax will melt slowly in the bowl/dish and release fragrance as it heats up. When the tea light has burned out or the burner has been turned off the wax will re-harden ready for use next time. Wax melts do not evaporate and will eventually lose the fragrance at which point the wax should be disposed and replaced with a new melt.
- Ensure your burner is placed on a heatproof surface.
- Use an appropriate sized unscented tea light for your burner. A tea light that is too close to the bowl/dish may cause overheating and cracking.
- Always ensure that there is sufficient wax in the burner at all times as heating an empty burner may cause it to crack.
- Do not add water to hot wax as it can be dangerous.
- Do not move the burner while the wax is hot and/or the tealight is lit and take care with hot wax as it can cause burns to skin.
- Do not overfill your burner and make sure it is kept away from draughts and is never left unattended.
- The CLP label on the packaging details the contents of each melt fragrance.
- Do not pour used wax into the drain as it will harden and this can cause blockages.
- Always check your burner for damage before use.
- Some wax melts contain dye so avoid contact with fabrics as melted wax may cause staining.
- Wax Melts are not toys or food, keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Ensure wax melts are stored in a safe place away from direct sunlight.